Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Midnight Revelations

Shifting rooms is a painful process. And not just the pain of packing all your kachada stuff, loading, unloading, and ending up with no clue of where you put the toothbrush. It's always hard to leave familiar places and familiar faces behind. But there is a flip side to this shifting coin. You also get to realize what a dumb a$$ you have become. So here are my 'Midnight revelations'. They are called so because I dreamed them up while lying semiconscious in my bed after all the exertion.

1. I am playing no games these days. No sports, no computer games, no video games, no mobile games, not even mind games (but I was never great at them anyways ;-). All work (OK, stop laughing) and no play might be making me dumber (if that is possible). Maybe I should get back to TT.

2. I am out of touch with Windows software world. This particular revelation came after a conversation with my new roomies. The topic under discussion was Antivirus software. I mentioned Norton which I used to use, but was informed that there are much better alternatives available (half of whose names I had never heard, like CA). The days when I used to try every software I can lay my hands upon seem to be long gone. So something has changed. I need to find out what.

3. I had never tried my hands at any musical instrument. But I found Abhishek's (my new roomie) guitar enticing. Took the plunge, and twiddled it for what must have felt like an eternity to the unfortunate listeners. Maybe 'Rock On' has something to do with this. I don't know if I will ever actually learn to play the guitar, but twiddling was fun.

4. I need a new toothbrush (This might be the only revelation about which I am sure to do something).

So what's the point?
So much to do, so li'l time...

No comments: