Friday, October 24, 2008

This might be too early to opine..

Heroes Season 1 Episode 3. Done. Yeah I know, there's nothing to brag about. IIRC Season 4 is running right now. And the series is very popular. Now I am not that great a fan of english television (haven't even watched all of FRIENDS), but I liked this one. On it's face, the idea is pretty ordinary. So we have amongst us some people with special powers. Haven't you seen this a bazillion times? Yet, Heroes guys somehow make it interesting. Maybe it's the screenplay. Or the character development. And it stands in stark contrast with the crap our channels are trying to shove down our throats. First it was Saas-Bahu crap, now it is reality show crap. I mean, why does every channel need a reality show? On the same theme? And probably copied from the same English show? We desperately need some originality.

But, but, let me stop whining. As for the Heroes characters, Hiro is apparently popular with geeks. Maybe because he understands his power, not just knows, understands, and Geeks like to understand things (or so I am told). I liked his light hearted attitude. But others are good too. Especially Isaac is intriguing. So here I come Episode 4.

[And maybe I should give this a try].

3 comments:

vivek said...

you should try out prison break or the big bang theory. theres one character from the big bang theory that you might relae yourself to.[:)]

vinaya said...

Me on Heroes too! I had tried some random epsode earlier and rejected the series, but i guess you really need to start at the very beginning.

I do find it too dramatic and over the top sometimes, but other than that, its good.

Mohsin said...

@Vivek
dude, thanks..
Just watched Season 2 Episode 5 ( Sheldon learns to drive) of Big Bang Theory..
I had not expected a comedy show but it's great..
[btw who's the char u talked abt, I now know Sheldon, Leonard, Penny and Howard, but it seems I'll have to watch more episodes to figure that out..]

Here's the joke I most liked from that episode...

Women at Driving Office: Here's your application..
Sheldon: But I am a theorist..


@Vinaya
yes, I guess watching end to end puts it in perspective..
I enjoyed what I watched up till now but as I said earlier, this might be too early to opine..