Monday, October 13, 2008

Return of the movie buff..



I really wanted to watch this movie. Despite my friends (sincere etc) efforts to talk me off, I persisted and paid dearly for it. Bad screenplay, mediocre performances and absolutely boring songs. A good story (and opportunity) wasted. K.K. is good, but Abhishek acts as if in Kal ho na ho. Plus too much of unnecessary masala, like a cruel aunt, her absolutely stupid son and mamata ki moorat maa. Now, why don't they just let the superhero kick a$$ (see Hancock). But no, they won't..
[And now people are even ready to sponsor my ticket, he bhagwan..].



Watched this after Drona. Maybe because of it, or maybe because my friends opinions had influenced me, my expectations were low. But, but, as it has happened many a times, the movie turned out to be quite good. (OK, let me rephrase that, I liked it). Story has been modified somewhat, but overall a good timepass. Plus I liked Sohail Khan's performance, he brings Vroom to life. Rest are good, only the god guy bores to the core. Mercifully, his role is short. And the subtitles were funny too, like vroom turning into broom.

4 comments:

Salil said...

Abhishek was in Kal Ho Na Ho?

Mohsin said...

he acts as if he's in..
but if he was not, u can take any yash raj movie as an example..

Charuta said...

Dont relax!! ur drona suffering is yet not over :P

Mohsin said...

I'll put in on MM..
that way we can all suffer at our convenience..