Monday, October 20, 2008

A wholly remarkable trip..

I feel sleepy. The book I am trying to read seems to drift to my right. I try to catch up, but the book is now drifting to left. Maybe it's time for a nap. These are the consequences of spending a lot of time in a wholly remarkable wave pool in a wholly remarkable place, Water Kingdom.

The plans were brewing for quite some time, but nobody was sure they will ever materialize. But they did, and happily so. And I made a wholly remarkable discovery. The game where you act and people guess the movie name is called 'Dumb charades' and not 'Dumb shell hearts' as I had previously thought. And it was fun. So there are movies with such names as 'Grease', 'The pelican brief' and a movie which has something to do with talking pants (another wholly remarkable discovery).

The place itself is, as I said earlier, wholly remarkable. And it's pretty well maintained. But when we reached there, we found 5-6 schoolbuses full of kids, waiting. Naturally, we started worrying whether we'll even get a place to stand. But somehow (maybe out of pity) the kids left the place to us. Thanks you guys! I had been to WK once before, but it was even more fun the second time. Especially enjoyed 'The float' (and the 'Wave pool' of course). On our way back, we played '20 questions', another wholly remarkable game. But at one point, I really pissed everybody off. Should've been more careful...

Overall the trip was great fun. WK is one of the best places if you have only one day to spare. Unfortunately we do not have any pics (and you know whom to blame, it's 'The Rabbit').

[And you might have guessed by now; I have started rereading H2G2].

4 comments:

Charuta said...

thanks for posting on WK..i'll just link urs on mine :P. And the post-WK "wavy" effect was really something..

Mohsin said...

True. It took me longer than usual to assemble this post coz my thoughts kept drifting..

vivek said...

Seems like you had a 'wholly' good time. Nice to know that the nerdy geek knows a few more movie names.[:D]

Mohsin said...

are I only have problem with Angrezi movie names..
but the they seem intimidating..'talking pants'?
btw it's good to see our gudboy(tm) gets some time for blogging too..