Thursday, May 7, 2009

Some new additions

To my personal library. I had stopped buying books recently, maybe at some unconscious level I had realized that I already have enough on my plate to last for the next few years. Entered Crossword reminding myself to just check for a magazine (and then get out) but could not resist a little wandering around. Non fiction shelf was a big disappointment, but bought two works of fiction. I guess that puts to rest the popular misconception than I don't read fiction >:). But I am a bit intimidated now. I mean, I have these stacks upons stacks of wonderful books at home, and I keep adding to it, and it just grows, hardly shrinking, and if that, only by a little. I did some back-of-the-envelope calculations to see how much time would it take to finish and came up with the same conclusion mentioned in my second statement :). I think I can need to do something about my reading speed (Advice, suggestions are welcome). Also need to look for some large timeslots in my schedule, currently, max I read is for something like 1hr. Gtg fellas, lot to do :p.

Ohh, as for what I bought, take a look here and here. And I did not find the magazine. The guy at the counter told me that they order only one copy, and clearly someone else beat me to it.

Enjoy !!

8 comments:

Onkar said...

don't stop buying books. you have been and will be my inspiration. i always dreamed of having a great "library" like yours. ( stacks upon stacks is a very bad word for it ). remember, "real" mohsin is "void" without books.

Mohsin said...

thanks for the kind words man.. :)
chalo, now you have given me inspiration to read.. (and I will keep making additions for sure..)

Unknown said...

good na..keep buying n then lending em...

punya kamao...:D

Mohsin said...

Yep, N maybe I can start charging for it N earn some money too :p

Pappul said...

padh bhai padh ... tereko zaroorat hai :P

Mohsin said...

sala :p

Charuta said...

Yeah buddy point taken, u DO READ (atleast buy) fiction! and to read more, only two things: 1. find a book which will grab u so much that u wud read beyond ur 1 hr, of course eating into ur sleep time :), but worth it 2. improve ur reading speed..some pointers @..http://classiclit.about.com/od/howtoread/ht/aa_improvespeed.htm espec #2 & #3 really helpful n easier to follow, i taught myself to read that way.
n grt, ur into fiction now, we can optimise costs by sharing books :P

Mohsin said...

Yippee.. :p I do find books that eat into my sleep time now and then but then it affects the next day..
Thanks for the pointers, I was already practicing #6 (too much, some wud say :p) w/o being aware..
n I like the optimize cost thingy (with current economic climate n stuff).. Now I won't have to starve myself.. :p