Saturday, May 23, 2009

I am sure I am a bit late

in writing this review of Me Shivajiraje Bhosle Boltoy; I mean, the movie was released almost a month ago, but I watched it today only and will try to keep this short. Most of my friends had already watched it, so when Sharma suggested this movie, I thought Kaun aaygea.. But our options were limited anyway, with Angels and Demons postponed to 29th and T4 I don't know when. So I agreed. The thing that surprised me was the theater was full. Hadn't expected that. And here's the grand conclusion, the movie is good and enjoyable, but is strictly a one time watch. Maybe the very positive reviews I got from friends had set my expectations a bit too high. The picture it paints appears overly simplistic, sometimes even at the cost of believability. But the point it makes is both simple and important, that you can not blame your failure on someone else. You need to take responsibility. DJ makes a similar point in RDB, "Zindagi jeene ke do hi tariqe hote hai; Ek: Jo hota hai hone do, bardasht karte jao. Dusara: Jimmedari uthao usako badalane ki".. Makrand Anaraspure's (Rayba) one liners are amazing. Sachin Khedekar rulez the movie!

But there's more. I think the appeal of the story is its simplicity. The real world is very very complex, and simple stories provide an escape. One final comment, as we're leaving the hall, a friend heard someone saying. "pach vela pahila, next time anashil tar marin..". Couldn't help but smile. I wish this multiplex problem sorts itselfs out soon. We want our movies.

3 comments:

Pappul said...

movie achhi hai ... some moments are "Rongte khade ho jaate hai" types ... especially the Powada ... !!

Unknown said...

hmm..i havnt seen it yet...:(

yes..we need movies...multiplexes..sort out problems soon ya..!

Mohsin said...

@Pappul
I think they should probably have swapped Bharat Jadhav and Ankush Chaudhari, but yes Powada is good.. I also liked the song by Sukhwinder..

@Zaru
Dekho ek bar.. good tp.. And yes, ye problem jaldi solve ho jaye to accha hai..