Thursday, January 8, 2009

Back on Twitter

When I first heard about Twitter, I was not sure I'll ever use it. I wondered how anybody can be interested in knowing if somebody is 'Drinking Coffee with his ACM Turing mug' or 'Listening to Pushes me away' (Things between the quotes seen on real Twitter site).

A few days later I received a mail saying, so and so wants to follow you on Twitter. Now with a plethora of online accounts which were already unmanageable, how bad one more could be? Opened an account. Added a few people too. Having achieved this much, I quickly forgot everything about it. Even that I had an account.

After a period of a few months, received another mail saying so and so wants to follow you on Twitter. And I thought, with a plethora of online accounts which are already unmanageable, how bad one more can be? So went ahead and opened a new account. Had to opt for a crazy username (surprise, surprise!!) coz I could not get my regular one ;-). Started adding people. I truth dawned upon me only when I discovered a user with my name already following someone I was presently adding to my list. Bwahahaha!!!

I will skip over the cleanup activities, like choosing which account to delete. So what's my point? There are two actually. One, I am on Twitter presently. Second, I can generalize this a little. I keep forgetting, forgetting dates, forgetting to call and so on. My current solution is making notes (this is intentionally old fashioned) on the back of my old cards with a pencil [My phone has a TODO list feature, but I somehow like this way better]. Now just need to keep that in mind :-).

Enjoy!!

No comments: