Friday, January 2, 2009

Yet another remake

It seems I am watching too many remakes these days. After Ghajini, it's The day the Earth stood still today. First, Thanks to the unknown soul who put it where I can find it ;-). Thanks Buddy. A comparison to the original is inevitable. To be honest, it's not as great as the original one. The original had a strong message and focused on it, here the storyline feels a bit weaker. But this one has got special effects and all (one of the advantages of living in the Information Age), which means you might enjoy it even if you are too tired for the message. Overall I enjoyed it. And here's a personal note, I was not in that great a mood when I started watching it, if not for the movie, you might have been reading a post spilling my frustration [I am assuming this is not one of those], a type I am not particularly fond of. I mean, everybody's got enough problems of his/her own. It feels good that I stumbled upon the movie, which took the frustration away.

So go ahead, give it a try. You never know what you'll find.

Enjoy!!

No comments: