Saturday, December 20, 2008

Rediscoveries

I recently whined about the need to expand my musical horizons (aka playlist). Well, I decided to do something about it (besides whining). Went ahead and listened to some stuff. Frankly, I haven't discovered anything new and impressive yet, (though I am far from exhausting the collection), but in the process discovered a few songs which were an important part of my list (and hence life) at one point in time or another, but which later just vanished. I don't know why or how, what is certain is that it happened. It feels great to have them back now. Here's what..

Pal by KK.
Listening to this song invariably brings memories of College Gatherings back. It used to be played every year at the end of ceremony. The ambiance, the dark, star studded sky, the quiet after all the shouting and final year guys joining on stage.. let me say, made a powerful impression. An important song for me..

Other top finds
Mantra by Euphoria - I especially like the lyrics of this one.
Kaise bhulegi mera naam by Euphoria
World of our own by Westlife

And now, the search continues..

5 comments:

Charuta said...

keep on the search...its quite a journey to rediscover songs which remind u of various phases of ur life.

Onkar said...

listen to these ones -
boondein by silk route
guaranteed by eddie vedder .this one is a really good song, u will appreciate it after seeing the movie into the wild , this is an OST of into the wild

Mohsin said...

@Charuta
Very True..

@onkar
Thx buddy,'Into the wild' looks like an interesting movie, will give it a try..

Ashwin said...

I recommend "yaad kiya dil ne kahan ho tum " and "jane woh kaise log" sung by Jagjit Singh....cant describe them ....but i find them "peaceful" (couldn't coin a better word)

Mohsin said...

thx..
let me try