Friday, December 26, 2008

Ghajini

Watched Ghajini yesterday. Our planning was chaotic, but nothing unusual. And the first thing we noticed upon entering CPK was huge number of kids. I wonder if parents have taken Taare Zamin Par (TZP) too seriously and are expecting every Aamir Khan movie to be good for bacchas. This one is definitely not, violence levels are unusually high. But talking of kids, I got to meet some extraordinarily smart ones (x2001 types). Consider this reaction of a kid to a violent scene, "are he sagala khota asata, aapan doctor-doctor khelato na, tasa" (Marathi).

Returning to the movie; for one thing it is a movie named after the Villian. Are there more? (few English ones come to my mind, like Anaconda or Godzilla :-). It seems that the director wanted the movie to look dark, that is OK, what is not OK is overcoloring the flashback. The length of the movie (3 1/4 hrs) also takes something of it's grip on the audience away. A little trimming of the flashback would have helped, but again, there is junta who might object, coz they are watching the movie only for Asin. I found Rahman's music uninspiring too (yeah, that's too much whining for a single post). But that is my personal opinion and my friends pretty much liked it. On the brighter side, Asin's acting is good, some jokes are really hilarious, and direction in general is upto the mark. Aamir's acting is as always fantastic and action sequences are well shot. [I won't talk about Aamir's body, something over which much ink has already been spilled].

On a different note, my ability (a word from Heroes) of making movies zero sum (If I enjoy, you don't and vice versa) got verified ;-). Not sure about intra group, but our constant blabbering might have pissed aajubaajuwale off. And now something about tatoos, they play an important role in the movie. If I ever get one, I would like it to be a hyperlink to my blog. I surely don't wanna miss my own rant..

Enjoy!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

hehe...told ya na....too much violence...and tat too on the big screen...sumthin i wudnt like..!

Mohsin said...

yup, but it's not unbearable..
give it a try, it's a good timepass movie..

Charuta said...

This is the best part abt going out with you, you write a post and i can just link to it..wanted to blog abt that "doctor-doctor", that was the high point of the movie for me :) n with ur blabbering, im just glad i found two ppl in r grp who complement each other so well in their viewing style ;), seated next to each other, rest of us can njoy the movie. :P

Mohsin said...

so it was a conspiracy..
should've thought of that.. :p

vivek said...

a tatoo thats a hyperlink to your blog? Mohsin baba, pls come out of the computer for once.....for the umpteenth time...theres life beyond....ya you know the rest :D

Mohsin said...

life.. what life??
never heard of it... :p