Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Big Picture

I have made it a point to document all the extraordinarily mundane happenings in my life here. But this might be high time I look at The Big Picture of the past year. I feel some things just slipped through. So it's high time that I note them too (more extraordinarily mundane stuff coming). Here's what..

Things I did
Really picked up blogging (Just look at the count).
Started coming to office on weekends and holidays and discovered that it's not as bad as I thought earlier. (My shifting to a place near office might have something to do with this).
Read up quite a bit, not much to help my career though. Specifically, the volume of genre 'Fiction' dropped.
Participated in a TT tournament and discovered that underdogs are cheered too.
Spent less time with my family than is necessary.
Traveled to wonderful places. Among them Mulashi, Matheran, Malshej, Bhimashankar and Water Kingdom.
Rediscovered some of my childhood passions, among other things.

Things that happened to me
Some changes to my friend circle. There were many reasons; marriage, further studies, economic crisis etc etc. But the holes were quickly filled.
Stumbled upon 'Heroes' and more importantly 'TBBT'.
Received more than usual amounts of advice on topics such as life.
Some of my views about the human relations stuff changed.
Got kicked out (only in a metaphorical sense, but I would say that, won't I?) of the regular chai-adda (along with the group) for generating too much noise.

Thing that matters
[This is also my new year message, from a movie I never finished].

Tu sabr to kar mere yar..
Jara saans to le dildaar..
Chal fikranu goli maar..
Hai din jindadi de char..
Haule haule ho jayega pyaar..
Haule haule ho jayega pyaar..*

Wish you a great new year.


*
Just to avoid possible confusion, Pyaar is something the protagonist of the movie wants to achieve in his life. I mean it in that sense.

4 comments:

vivek said...

Well, you should have told the chai-wallah, that he is getting so much intellectual/philosophical insights and one day he would hang a board that says "This is the place where Mohsin drank his cuppa"

:D

Mohsin said...

I did..
But I must add that I was not particularly enthusiastic about knowing his shoe number (which somehow came to me ;-)

Paresh said...

Sorry for the late comment
Great post dude...u've really summed up your whole year...u did some really good things...I liked the TT part...you getting involved in a sport..gr8 going dude...by the end of this yr. m sure you will be the favorite rather than the underdog.. :)
I like the message also...now that i read the lines...it does convey a great message...

Mohsin said...

thanks buddy...
it was nice to see a comment from you..
now expecting some great posts from you..