Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sorry, No Insights (but a lot of blah blah..)

It has been an interesting journey so far. Ohk, Ohk, I guess some context is in order. So did anybody notice that this is my 10201st (in base 3, equals 100 in decimal) post? For obvious reasons I did. Now 100 is just as arbitrary as 317, but certain numbers have got a special status, 100 happens to be one of them, and I am not the one who misses a good opportunity to blabber. I might as well have written tried to write something useful/insightful etc (to mark the occasion, as they say), but that seemed contrary to expectations, including my own. So here we go.

My first post comes to my mind. When I wrote it, I did not have a clue about what I wanted my blog to be. It was just an experiment (with 100 posts now it's an out of control experiment I guess). And that shows. You won't find a theme here. Blogging taught a few things, both about the actual topics and about the people who write about them. It's a wonderful way to stay updated. Even rereading my old posts has been a refreshing experience (for me, it might be a torturous one for you, so think twice before you go ahead), so many things that matter to me now have a permanent existence outside my head.

So I plan to continue. I am sure I irritated and annoyed some. I am sure I have been ill-informed or downright wrong about some things or made a fool of myself in other ways. But if not for the blog, I would not have even known it. So I plan to continue. Sorry guys, you won't find any insights here, but if you wanna know about such important things as what makes Hancock cool (in my humble opinion, I hasten to add), it's all here :-). Happy blogging and May the force be with you and a towel. (Many thanks to Manish for the quote).

7 comments:

Charuta said...

Congratulations!! Yeh safar(pun unintended) yuhi chalta rahein! Chalo, next CadB occasion ready :D

vivek said...

wow Cadb treat.......when?
Waise the quote "may the force be wid you and the towel too" made me rotfl.

Mohsin said...

@Charuta
thanq thanq!!
btw safar (unintended) pun accha tha..
as for CadB, jab bhi junta bole..

@Vivek
tera cadb ham garibo me dan kar denge (matlab mai hi piunga ;-))
btw the quote was a reference to h2g2
[but you already knew that, right? after all u r tha ROBERT (smart boy I mean ;-)]

emanish said...

Blogging (only writing most of us do these days), would really improve your vacab, choice of words, and putting thoughts in order.
Though order has been not a part of your journey (yet), which is fine again - as, all those who wander are not lost !

Also if you plan to wander do not mark milestones :).

Congratulations for 0x64th post.

Mohsin said...

Thanq Boss :)
I remember reading somewhere that beauty is the dynamic equilibrium of order and disorder.., and it made an impression, so maybe we need both..
but of course I do not plan to wander..
and I agree with you abt blogging ke fayade..

vinaya said...

Congrats!
Towel :D
Did you know they celebrate International Towel's day? Its in May sometime. Maybe we could plan something...

Mohsin said...

superb idea..
we'll definitely celebrate it..