Monday, November 10, 2008

YABPAMWK

[Yet Another Boring Post About My Weekend Activities (or lack thereof)]

Read:
Finished reading Destination Moon. A wonderful book. Full of interesting info about the Moon, earlier missions and Chandrayaan-I, with the most interesting tidbit being the plans for a Mars orbiter by 2015 and a Man on the Moon by 2025. I just wish they publish translations in regional languages like Marathi and Hindi. The topic is clearly important and it would be better served that way.

Bought:
This month's quota was already over (yes, I have a monthly budget for books [which I rarely follow, but that is another story]). Hence I was resolved to buy nothing. But the sight of a few good books meant I couldn't resist. Bought Six easy pieces, Where wizards stay up late and Science at the edge. But I must say I was rather disappointed with the almost half-empty science bookshelf at Crosswords, SB Road. I am OK with them putting it in an obscure corner, but they should at least try to fill it. Plus half were compilations useful only for adorning library shelves. It's a pity Landmark is so far from my place (or that I am such a lazy XXX).

Watched:
Happened to watch Men in Black on TV. Now I am one of those perpetually whining about quality of TV shows, but this is one area where TV still shines, the element of surprise. MIB is a favorite and accidentally discovering it was as delightful as bumping into an old friend.

2 comments:

Onkar said...

I am missing all free time which I used to have ! Wish you keep up with your readings and blogging too !

Mohsin said...

I'll (nothing better to do [;-)])
but you seem neck deep with studies (looking at ur blog and all..)
top karnar mhanje yaveli..