Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Struggle..

Against the dirt filled cabinet. Against the dead IDE bus. Against the erratic SMPS. Against missing screws and screwdriver. I emerge triumphant. With a live PC..

Ohk, ohk, I am making it sound dramatic. Truth being, I just could not get my lazy ass to fix the PC for almost six months. Which I did yesterday. Feels good to have my movie collection back. Plus it's amusing to look at the stuff on the PC. It's like looking at a snapshot of my life from six months back. Life was different back then, to be sure. I used to live at a different place, with different people. Living with roommates means there is a common set of movies, songs etc which forms the background of your life; different people, a different kind of background. And a thousand other things..

So life's changing. For better or for worse, I cannot judge.

3 comments:

Charuta said...

Hey coincidence...I too went about abt the task of formatting my older system, i put it off coz i was lazy to backup n all and guess what.. learnt that there were only 3 files out of the innumerable files which i really wanted :P n yeah installed fedora 10 now :)

vivek said...

The question my dear friend is "Are you changing?"

Mohsin said...

@Charuta
Good Good..
And Welcome to the world of Linux.
May the Source be with you..

@Vievk
Of course we change. What matters is the magnitude and direction (looks like a Vector ;-). I would like to think that whatever changes are there are for the better. But as Einstein once pointed out, "A man has little insight in what goes on inside him."