Monday, February 23, 2009

Forty Eight Wonderful Hours: Part III

[Earlier installments: Part 1 and Part 2]

Sun and Sand (and Frisbee)
Gajab ka hai din..
Dekho jara..
Ye deewanapan..
Socho jara..

We began the next day early, everyone was eager to get to the beach. Me, with Manish and Vijay first took a long walk along the shore. The beach is beautiful, and mercifully was uncrowded. One thing we noticed though, the sand layers are very thin, with all the sand being dug for construction, it could become a problem in future. After having a wonderful breakfast of pohe, it was time for water sports. It was here that some of us (including me) discovered our hidden talent for 'wave Frisbee' (a word coined in the trip). Now my Orkut profile can have a sport name under sports. Yippee!! We had our lunch at a certain Mr.Thosar, because Mr.Bapat (who is famous for his Modaks) was closed and Mr.Kelkar would not serve Modaks and junta wanted Modaks. The food was good but not great. We decided to take some rest and return to the beach in the evening. I personally would have preferred to go immediately, but being a democratic guy (do whatever the majority does), decided to wait. Would have liked to take a nap, but a certain individual (who should remain anonymous (for my own protection)) made sure I could not, with his 100dB snores. People were discussing heavy stuff around me, I wonder where do they get their energy from.

Not just yet another beach
"Ek se bhale do.."

There was some confusion regarding the afternoon's plan. We had two options, play on our beach, or visit the nearby Srivardhan beach. We finally decided to make a quick trip to Srivardhan. Am I glad we made that decision! The beach is simply Mahaan!! It is particularly famous for the amazingly intricate patterns made by crabs in the sand (A tip of the hat goes to Lalit here for telling me what they are). I simply can't convey their beauty in words. And the beach is great for playing catch-catch, a distant memory from my childhood and a game I still love. The road is great (beauty, not condition) too, you'll want to stop and click a snap on almost every turn (we did click quite a few). For completeness, aate waqt car me vapas gala fada ;-). Went straight to the beach after returning, for one more round of Frisbee, till it became just a smudge in darkness.

Games and Stuff
"All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."

I seem to learn at least one new game per trip. Last time, it was 20 questions. This time it was Truth or Dare. The idea is simple. Take a bottle, rotate it, whoever it points to after stopping has to choose Truth (answer a question truthfully) or dare(do some task). I had imagined the questions would be funny, but people ask some pretty serious stuff. Most of us chose truth; it was a good opportunity to learn more about fellas I spend most of my time with. And the kind of questions people ask you constitutes some good feedback. It's nice to have it once in a while, helps you obey Wil's rule(expressed in the subtitle). As for me, some very personal stuff came out, not sure if it is a good sign or bad. Top lesson: I have a lot to learn (Manish's words). Best dare was Khyati's, she actually made some other group on the beach lower their volume. Fundoo..
After this came the card games. Again, I knew exactly one card game that nobody seems to play these days. So somebody had to explain a new game to me. Thanks to Amit for choosing 'Dare' here. The game was blackjack (not the version from '21' though). I managed to not lose in both the games we played (actually won the first), but I was really playing like an idiot, just shows how far plain dumb luck can take you.

We wanted to leave early the next day, but I could not sleep, kept wandering in and out of the room almost for the whole night. The return journey was fun, with shouting, photos and jokes, all over again. Best moment: guys from the other car stop to buy bhaji(vegetables) on a very crowded street, leaving us to wonder abhi to yahi the, ab kaha gaye.. Reached Pune around 2PM...

4 comments:

Vikash Kumar said...

Yeah!! Diveagar with friends is always memorable.. & the Truth n Dare game really requires some dare.. as in people esp friends can ask questions or make you do.. which no one else can :)

Mohsin said...

True. And you learn a thing or two about yourself..

Charuta said...

Where do you get these songs inspiration frm? Ekdum apt songs!

Mohsin said...

inspiration kasali, vel pahije rikama (to ahe bharpur) ;-)