Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Luck By Chance

Watched Luck By Chance today. Now, this is a movie I was waiting for, coz I am a fan of all three, Konkona, Farhan and Hrithik. And it did not disappoint me. It's a film about films (meta-film, anybody?) and the extraordinary role chance plays in our beloved fillam industry. Konkona and Farhan, playing two aspiring actors, sharply portray the kinds of choices a young person faces. Plus I liked Rishi Kapoor's role. Few bits felt a bit overstretched though, like Konkona winning the Fridge in the end. The song 'Sapno se bhare naina' is an absolute gem.

The message of the movie (if there is such a thing) is simple, things are not always what they appear to be. But as a viewer, you can see everybody, so you know what things are really like. What about the real world, where you don't have that vantage point and things are even more fuzzy? Back to Chance, I guess..

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

vivek said...

I watched the movie today and yeah, its pretty good.....