Monday, February 23, 2009

Forty Eight Wonderful Hours: Part I

Prologue
Ham rahe ya na rahe kal..
Pal, yaad aayenge ye pal..

This is about the amazing weekend trip to DiveAgar. As is the case with our group, the plans were brewing for quite some time, and nobody was sure if and when they'll materialize. But luckily for us, Amit and Lalit started their GM diet, to celebrate their Chicken divas we went to Four Seasons, and the thing quickly settled itself after a heavy lunch (which I believe was a significant factor). So I would like to thank GM diet. If you think I am stretching it a bit too far, you clearly need to read my blog more regularly :).

Planning or How I got here

"It pays to plan ahead. It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark".

After this came the planning phase. My task was to buy a frisbee. Went to BB to buy one, but they were almost out of stock. Bought whatever was available (which turned out to be good, but I had to demonstrate that). And it was fun to wander in the toys section. So we added a volleyball, a plastic cricket bat (Lalit's idea) and few tennis balls to our small collection. And got all this for sodexhos, which just made us happier. Damn, I should have bought the Batman too..
[OK, quote kuch jyada bhari tha mere task ke liye, lekin chalta hai ;)]

The Beginning or The Murphy Override

It's a late goodbye; Such a late goodbye..

We were supposed to leave at around 1:00PM on Friday, but as it happens, news of an unexpected webex session arrived just in time to cause some unexpected delay. But that gave me time to buy some stuff that I was too lazy to buy earlier and had convinced myself I can do without, but realized otherwise only when we reached there. We left Office at about 2:30PM. Two cars, eight people. Our first stop was the Gas station near Varje. It was here that we noticed a flat tyre. Another unexpected delay. There were two punctures actually and the mechanic did not quite fix one of them in the first attempt. We made him redo the whole process. We were to sync up with Vijay's car at SoulKari. One of the best South Indian hotels in or around Pune. Especially, the Ginger-Pepper (or Pepper-Ginger, not very sure) rice was delicious. And the filter coffee. But we failed to realize that Mr.Murphy was waiting for us outside, with another flat tyre. Or to be more precise, the same tyre which we had fixed about 30 mins ago. Finding a mechanic and so on, all over again!! But by this time we had gotten quite used to unexpected delays, so that did not bother us that much. We were back on our way soon..

So far I've talked only about first 2 hours of the trip, bur I can see that the whole thing would be too big for a single post. I guess I'll stop here for now.

2 comments:

Charuta said...

you are writing really well both part 1 & part 2. , I am not missing my blog, to pen it down. Thanks for the recording the experience for posterity. :) Thanks!

Mohsin said...

That's a great compliment..
Thank you very much..