Friday, July 31, 2009

One day, Two movies

'Love aaj kal' in the morning. First day, first show after so long that I do not even remember when was the last time. The show was at 9AM (yes AM), and I was not sure if I will make it (nobody else was either (about me) but I learned that only later). So it was a bit of a surprise for me to be the second guy (from our group) at CPK. The show was housefull, mostly college junta. Felt nice to see these young people having the time of their lives. Two trailers were shown in the beginning (Wanted and Alladin) and both hinted that the Bollywood SFX industry is about to enter its golden age. Made a mental note to keep an eye over both. As for the movie, if you enjoy Bollywood style lovestories, you'll like this one. Some jokes are good, and the parts which depict older times (British era) have been carefully crafted. Songs are OK, but let me also tell you that some of my friends just love them. Overall an enjoyable watch, especially if you go in a large group.

Moving ahead, I asked the question a while ago. It took me a while to stumble upon the answer: me. Watched it in the evening. Before I say anything about the movie, let me tell me about a conversation I had with a friend..

Me: Are watchmen ajun purna nahi pahili.. aaj complete karnar ahe..
Friend: Watchmen? Nepali movie ahe ka?
Me: Ho, sagalya characters cha nav bahadur asata...

OK, no offense. I appologise if I've hurt someone, but this thing really did happen. I had heard that the movie did not do that well, so I had my expectations in check. Maybe that was the good part, because whatever there was, I just loved it.. The characters don't fail to remind you the ones from the book. The special effects are fundoo, I liked the title track too. It's a bit longish (OK, a lot by hollywood standards, at 2:52 hrs), maybe this was the reason it did not do too well. But it's a very good movie and I think you'll enjoy it even if you haven't read the book. Do not miss!

Enjoy!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea seriously..we gave u the ticket for d last seat..we thot ur nt gonna show up..:)
As for d movie...personally..the nly saving grace of d movie was deepika coz of her acting skills.
watchmen...dekhti thi yaar...bt murphy as u kno..:) anyway..weekend ka yahi plan hai mera :)

Mohsin said...

;-)
Yep. Mr Murphy. Took me 3 days to complete watchmen, thx to him..

vinaya said...

I watches the watchmen :D

Liked both movies, wish more fridays began and ended like that! And that Nepali comment - inspired!

Mohsin said...

me too..
wait.. why fridays? why not every day?
Ab aur bhi wish karo... :p