Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I am back.

From my Journey to the center of the Earth. And that with no less agreeable a companion than Mr. Jules Verne. This was my second journey with the esteemed fellow. Earlier we went Around the world in Eighty days (you can read some of my reflections here). That was a great journey, but this was an adventure of a singular kind. The most powerful impression it made upon me was the image of standing in the interior of the earth, below the mighty expanses of the ocean. Captures imagination like nothing else. There were some not-so-remarkable moments too, like Harry's hallucinations, but the rest more than made up for it. And the most important reward of such an adventure is the reawakening of the sense of wonder that you know is there, but which the dross of daily life seems to overpower.

But now that I have gone around the Earth and explored the insides of the Earth, I have started feeling a little monotonous. The human mind is like that. I feel ready for my next adventure. I think I will go seafaring this time!!

8 comments:

Pappul said...

you should try something different now ... maybe going somewhr (centre of Earth or seafaring) but ... not coming back ... :P

Mohsin said...

sala itni khunnas.. :p
mai tuze kya samazata tha aur tu kya nikla.. :p

Unknown said...

idhar bhi zagda shuru...:P

btw..nice post...was written differently..good goin..:)

Mohsin said...

Hehe Thanks..
a2h2 ;-) jaha bhi jao, zagda karte..

Pappul said...

wow ... chal isi baat pe bata de ... tune mereko kya samjha thaa woh pehle bata aur fir mai kya nikla woh bata ... this shud be fun ... :D

Mohsin said...

maine tuze puneite samza tha aur tu hyderbadi nikla :p

Rakesh Vanamali said...

Wow! I need to go to the center of the Earth and then go sea faring too! ;)

Mohsin said...

Go ahead.. It's worth it..