Monday, June 29, 2009

I'd waited for too long..

This is John Connor. If you are listening to this, you are the Resistance.

Thanks to Christian Bale's peculiar accent and the ambiance of the movie, these words etch in your memory. Watched it (the latest Terminator movie) yesterday. Our original plan was the 9AM show at E-square but we could not get tickets. It was overflowing, and I imagine all were there for T4. So that became the 10AM show at Rahul. As I said, I was waiting for this one since long. Maybe because I am a fan of Christian Bale, maybe because it's a Terminator movie, or maybe because I hadn't watched a good action/sci-fi since long. Or maybe because all of the above. Anyway, the point is I had huge expectations, and they were fulfilled. Not as much action as I would have liked, but enough. And what there is is awesome. I think there are some moments that a Terminator movie can not not have. Like a Terminator smashing a human skull under foot, or an appearance by Mr. Schwarznegger, no matter how tiny. This one has both. Some nice, touchy moments too, like the LA branch of Resistance. I mean, these two kids.. A most poignant lesson about the human spirit. A real must watch, I'll probably watch it again. Let me end terminate this post with my favorite line from the movie

This is John Connor. There is no fate but what we make.

3 comments:

Rakesh Vanamali said...

Its been ages since I watched a movie! I hope to catch up on one or two soon!

Thanks for the heads-up!

Mohsin said...

Make sure you don't miss this one..
As I said, It's a must watch.. :-)

Unknown said...

yea..wanna see this one...on d big screen..come what may...:)