Friday, April 3, 2009

This is old news, but still..

We're here to put a dent in the Universe, they proclaimed. And I am happy that at least one guy took them seriously, the rikshawallah. But the part of the universe that he chose to put a dent in happened to be my bike, a fact which I cannot say I am particularly happy about. And let me spare you the drama that followed. After all that I go to the mechanic, and ask him to reduce the number of dents in the universe by one. But he misunderstands, and returns me my bike with the same dent in the same place, only polished (and shiny). Apparently the dent-ist (Dent-ist: a guy who reduces the total number of dents in the universe) is on leave. I wonder if he's fixing dents in some alternate parallel universe. I mean, they too might have rikshawallahs. Now I am fully committed, determined and whatnot to get rid of this one (so there is more space available for dents-to-come), it seems that it's not gonna happen for atleast two more days. So yes, if you want to take a look (and I remember a few souls out there giving me enthuasistic ideas about how we can photoshop me+dent+riksha to create a realistic image), come stop on by..

2 comments:

vinaya said...

Dent-ist. Heh.
rickshawallas and mechanics in alternate parallel universes?? I thought evolution had more sense than that!
(Since we cannot say God anymore...)

Mohsin said...

:p
rikshas and rikshawallahs form the core of mithunda flicks, so each universe MUST evolve them.. a universe w/o them would crumble under the presssure of it's own boredom ;-)

but being the incurable nitpick(TM) that I am, it must be pointed out that we possibly can't apply the word 'sense' to evolution.. it has no goal and/or awareness.. it's just random mutations + what survives..