Monday, December 7, 2009

My friend Sancho

'India Uncut' and 'Amit Varma'. These names need no introduction to you bloggers. I cannot say I am a regular reader of IU, but I recently read Amit's latest book My friend Sancho. It's a small fiction novel, and here's the deal, I actually laughed out loud more than once reading it (only later did I realize that it had been ages since that happened). I totally enjoyed it, but could not avoid the feeling that author dodged the hard question of how to end the story. It could be just me though. So go ahead, give it a try! Comparison (fair or unfair) to the other Indian English Novel Writer (of course I am talking about Chetan Bhagat) is inevitable (at least to me). Grand conclusion: I liked AV much better (but that could change too). And despite being sure that most of you are not gonna get this, here's my end line,

"Now eagerly waiting for our own AV's 'My friend Danco'" :p

Enjoy!

6 comments:

Amit Vartak said...

"My Friend Danko and other stories"
lol... thats a good point. We surely have enough hilarious stories of Danko.

BTW, You have your concern on how to end Sancho's story... but Danko's end (i mean end of the book and not otherwise) is in my hands..and you very well know what that is.. :D

BTW2, if you have MFS's hard copy please give me.

Amit Vartak said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mohsin said...

I sure am eagerly waiting for da book ;-)

Unknown said...

AV..we're waiting fr ur buk..;)
n yea..writing tat makes u laugh..aloud tat too..must sure be good..
its on my list :)

Mohsin said...

padho padho.. acchi hai..

vinaya said...

A little late to the party but so what. I laughed out loud too! And you wont believe if i told you which part of the book he read out loud when he came to landmark!