Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Arre O Samba..

We all love the line and The movie, but this time I am not talking about that Samba. Not the dance either. What I am talking about it is the open source implementation of SMB/CIFS that allows seamless networking between Windows and Unix, commonly known as Samba. Having never looked into it seriously and taking its existence for granted, today I stumbled upon How Samba was written by the author of Samba Andrew Tridgell. Don't miss it; it's fun and introduces the 'French Cafe' technique of developnent. (We tend to use something of that sort from time to time, but I did not know it even has a name). And to complete the line I began with,
Arre O Samba, bada hi mehanati hai re tu.. Dhanabaad..

[you'll probably get the last line only after reading the full article].

Enjoy!!

No comments: