Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A bunch of stuff

I have not been writing lately. December might see the lowest post count of the year. And as it happens, last December saw the highest post count of that year. Add to this the fact that in my case, post count can be taken to be roughly proportional to my energy level. So the reason is simple, I have not been writing because I have lost my energy. And the reason for that? Well, I beleive there are many (but I would rather spare you those). The raison d'etre of this post is not to reiterate all that. The good thing is that clarity has surely, albeit a bit slowly begun to emerge. And that is one thing that I cannot live without. To break the Blogger's block that I've worked myself into, here's a brief listing of things I wanted to write about

My most expensive toy ever: Well, I am talking about my new laptop. Everything took the maximum time it could, part shortages, warehouse clearance delays and so on [a friend coined the term 'Murphy Fida' to describe the situation, must admit I rather like the phrase], but it finally did arrive a week ago. Here's an excerpt from the config sheet

Core i7 720QM processor
4GB DDR3 1333 MHz RAM
ATi Radeon 4670 1 GB GPU
15.6" Full HD (1080p) monitor

[I guess now you would agree that it just doesn't seem right to call it a lappy :p].
The best thing is, it permits me a reentry into the Gaming world. A world which I had to leave (reluctantly and screaming) because my desktop(P4, 256MB RAM - it's a real vintage piece) won't allow me to play anything above UT'03. Those days are gone now. I installed 'Left 4 Dead', and it runs as smooth as silk on the highest possible configuration. Also installed 'Painkiller', a game I always wanted to play, but it grew monotonous a bit too soon. Next on list is 'Crysis', just to see how far I can go!

Movies: Watched Paa, Rocket Singh, Avatar but much to my regret, missed Radio.
Paa: Good one time watch.
Rocket Singh: Liked this one.
Avatar: Just another 2012. Awesome awesome effects, but bad story.

Memories: A tip o' the hat goes to DJ, who recently mailed our 2006 BE IT Konkan trip photos (of course we have looked at them countless times before, but for college memories, there is no such thing as 'enough'). Say hello to the batch of '06.

[Thankfully, nobody was run over by the approaching bus :p].
Understandably the photos are not of the highest quality. A 1.1 MP Nokia 6600 was still a luxury back then. Now the photos have got resolution which life seems to have lost. Anyway, the memories of carefree stupidity of the days fills my mind with joy!

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Ashwin said...

Now the photos have got resolution which life seems to have lost.
.... good point and well said :)

Rakesh Vanamali said...

Congrats on the new toy! And also on furthering your space! I've been gone a while from visting your space as a result of some travel and look at this - i've missed a whole lot! Wishing you and folks a merry Christmas and a wonderful new year!

Pappul said...

sahi hai config bhidu ... foto bhi sahi hai ... great ... and a happy new year to u ... enjoy ... Cheers ... !!

Mohsin said...

@Ashwin
Thanks man :)

@Rakesh
Thanks man.. Wish you a happy new year!

@Pappul
happy new year bhai..