Monday, August 10, 2009

Mavalsrushti

Just returned from a fun filled trip to 'Mavalsrushti', about an hour's drive from Pune. This was a team outing, and I am always a bit sceptical of such corporate sounding terms, team outings involving team building activities. Am I glad my scepticism was unfounded? The trip turned out be immensely fun filled, and a great refresher.

We were to report at office at 7:30AM, from where a bus was arranged to pick us up. I made it on the exact right time, only to find only one soul already there. A bit later one more soul appeared, and that was all for a seemingly long interval of time. There were chats, as usual, and I utilized the time by calling a few friends and informing them that "everybody's here, just waiting for you, so make haste".

The journey began at about 8:15AM, and the bus was quite full as almost everyone I knew from office was coming. The journey was overfull with jokes, on anything and everything (and some even not suitable for public listening ;-). The road is a zig zag, so the bags kept falling down (the word was 'saamaan', and it was probably the most fertile source for jokes). We reached probably by 9:30AM. A nashta of garma-garam upma and pohe was waiting for us. And then gavati chaha. Pure Bliss..

After the khana-peena, we started wandering. There was a waterfall on the map which was to be our first destination. We eventually did find it. Playing in water (any kind) is an activity which will never lose it's appeal to me. Sitting under the powerful current of water, where you barely can keep your eyes open.. Feels awesome. This was accompanied by slips, falls, photos and a lot of jokes. Later we started our upward journey (the path to the waterfall is a descent), where we discovered this swimming pool. The water was not too good, but not too bad either. And the enthusiasm was overflowing. There were races (running and swimming. yes running, the pool was quite shallow), throwing people into the pool (one of my favorite activity. But let me also tell you that I was thrown as well), and later frisbee and volleyball. Reminded me of the cherished Konkan trip.

This continued till the lunch time. I was literally shaking from chill when I came out (discovered this when I noticed the cup of tea in my hand was almost spilling). The two (or probably three) cups of tea saved me. We returned for lunch, but I ate very little, feeling not very hungry. After lunch, there was gapshap, but I, with a few others, soon found ourselves out for a walk. A new round of photographs, bamboo fights and of course jokes followed. We returned for tea and soon began our return journey. I spent the time in a half sleep mode.

'Mavalsrushti' is a good place for a one day trip. I don't think any photos have been uploaded as of now, but they'll appear soon. Also you might spot some mistakes or even gaps in the temporal flow, because to be honest, my brain is not at its optimal at this point in time, but I wanted to write when all the fun and memories were still fresh.

Enjoy!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

yes...sahi mazaa kiya...
aisi trips zyaada honi chaiye :)

Mohsin said...

yes..
apne mgrs se bat karo.. we need more team building activities :p

Rakesh Vanamali said...

Good to hear! I too am not a very big fan of team outings and other corporate fundas....... and have a very clear policy of avoiding socializing with colleagues over the weekends, and weekdays too!

But then, thats my point of view!