Saturday, March 14, 2009

Happening weekend (a lot happened)

Made my first trip to a pub/disc (I hear there is a difference) on Friday. Was not very sure if I wanted to go, had suspected I would just get bored, but glad I did go. We had our dinner at E street cafe, again, was visiting it for the first time, a nice place anyway. Then came the dancing part. Surprisingly enough, I was not thrown out even after four hours on the dance floor ;-) . Learned a couple of new things too, like innovative uses of tissue paper and using clocks to locate objects. But again, wonderful time is less about the place and more about the people. Thank You Guys..

Reached my room at about 3:30 AM, and next 13 hours were spent in a sleep-wake cycle. Rajesh came to meet in the evening, meeting your old college buddies is a great great refresher. Went for a long walk on the road behind my house later in the evening, wide, not very crowded (and hence less noisy), ideal for gappa-tappa. Made a short visit to Nashir who was leaving for Belgium late in the night (and gulped a glass of Durga Cold coffee, my favorite).

Meanwhile got my phone in a saner state, which had become a constant source of irritation for me (and for my friends, only more so). There was some issue with the phone memory, so I could not send/receive messages, not even look up missed calls and stuff. A software reset solved (or seems to have solved) the problem. I had imagined that taking the phone to a repair shop would be necessary, but exactly one Google query gave us the solution. Yes, Google Rulez!!

Abhishek (my roomie) gave me a great news later in the evening, we were getting a TV. Not a TV tuner card TV, but an actual, proper, respectable TV. As it happens, one of Abhishek's friends happened to have an extra one. Don't ask me how can somebody have an extra TV, I am amused myself. It's almost as amusing as someone having an extra toothbrush ;-). But yes, now we have it. Not operational yet, the Tata Sky guy hasn't given darshan yet, but hopefully that will happen soon. Suggestions on what to watch (and what not to; I suspect there would me more of these) are welcome.

AND did some random reading (H2G2 and PuLa), reconfigured my phone (like tuning in the radio stations and setting the ringtone), had to make room for the TV, in the process cleaned my room (OK, part of it) and restored some order to the swirling vortex of entropy (to use Sheldon's words) that I currently call home, all over a single weekend.. huh... :p

So how was your weekend?


P.S. Happy Pi Day. Enjoy.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

yes yes...its d company tat matters...
awesome time...we spent...thnx..:)
ohh yes..n how cud u forget to mention the pleasure of gorging a yummmmy choc truffle pastry and blabbering nonsense stuff n nice snaps...:D and all this at 2am..:D

Mohsin said...

I did not eat the pastry, but coffee was awesome too. And the ambiance. With that and a healthy dose of caffeine, the blabbering can go on forever :-).
but yes, I missed many things.. hope to see them in your post..

Charuta said...

Yay..U never disappoint..a blog entry on on of the best weekedns in a looong time..yep, had loads of fun n masti, a great stress-buster..n huh, this was ur first trip to the disc? U sure took to the dance floor like a pro ! was fun dancing all the while away..:)..cheers to many more fun such outings 2gether!

Mohsin said...

:-)
yep, great great time..
many more to come for sure..