Monday, September 29, 2008

Blogger's Dilemma..

Ninety percent of everything is crap.
~Sturgeon's law

I blog a lot (these days) and comment on other blogs a lot. But apply Sturgeon's law and there goes your Ninety percent !! (OK, I don't know about you, but it surely applies to me). And nobody likes crap. So the question is how to reduce it. One solution is to do these things less. That will reduce the total and hence its associated ninety percent crap. But to me, it looked like focusing on the wrong thing. I would rather increase the total and along with it, increase the ten percent noncrap (that's what I generally do). But I am really not sure that's the optimal thing to do. Nobody likes the increased ninety percent crap also. The best thing to do (it seems to me) is to put the whole thing in the least irritating place, like your own blog (coz people hate crap on their lawns even more). That translates to a 'Note to self': Try to write less crappy comments.

(I went ahead and googled for some advice. It returned this. So this is not that uncommon a problem, and there's still hope for me. Meanwhile, you can read all my comments as if prefixed with YACC (Yet Another Crappy Comment ;-)).

[And I agree in advance, the title (in addition to the the whole post) is crappy].

2 comments:

Charuta said...

Mohsin post something!! Tuesday afternoon ho gayi, last entry was on sunday :). Tera law post ke liye bhi hain kya?

Mohsin said...

nahi nahi..
sirf comments ke liye..
jaise hi kuch kachada(tm) suzega, post kar dunga..