Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Another edit to the blog !!

Can you tell the difference? Look at the right pane, under 'Blogs I (try to) follow'. Anything? OK, without further ado, let me tell you what it is. There is a new entry: 'Fermat's Last Theorem Blog'. Discovered it a couple of days ago. In all probability you have already heard about Fermat's Last Theorem, so I won't bore you with what it is. Point being, popular books like the excellent Fermat's Last Theorem (aka Fermat's Enigma) by Simon Singh (If you haven't read it, well, let me put it thus. I won't mind if you left this post right now to go read it), being intended for a general audience, provide only a high level overview of the actual proof. After reading that book, an attempt to understand the actual details is a natural progression. And the aforementioned blog has exactly the same purpose. The author, Larry Freeman, in a series of posts, tracks the historical development of the solution along with the actual proofs, from the point of view of an amateur. Smells good !! I have started reading it. Will keep you posted of how it goes.

Enjoy!!

No comments: