Monday, July 7, 2008

Journey was the reward..

No, I am not thinking of changing the name of my blog. The 'journey' I am referring to is my Malshej trip on Sunday. Now, Malshej is just a ghat, a road, there was no specific destination we were headed towards, but the trip turned out to be so much fun. Hence, journey was the reward.

Our actual plan was to start the journey at 6:30 am on Sunday. But one guy cribbed about getting up so early (no surprise!). The guy turned out to be our driver (surprise, surprise!). So we rescheduled for 8:00 am. And we pretty much made it on time (surprisingly I must say!).

Now, I don't believe for a moment that my nonexistent writing skills can do justice to the beauty of the place. But I may as well try. Beautiful valleys, waterfalls, vast landscapes, you name it. Plus it was raining, not the heavy rains, just enough sprinkling to cheer even the most despondent. MTDC has a beautiful resort on the way (but the food was overpriced).

The travel was also a lot of fun (The only downside being that the other members of the group had to listen to an almost unending stream of my jokes). Discussions ensued on everything from software to our really weird dreams. I also a learned a new game, it is called '20 questions'. So one guy thinks of a famous personality and other guys try to deduce his/her name by asking questions (20 at max). The first guy can only give Yes/No answers. It's pretty interesting to form questions that reduce the possible alternatives as much as possible. I would have liked to put up a few photos here, but we managed to break the only camera we had, poor us!

We ended the journey with ice-creams at Naturals. A sweet end indeed! Let me end by saying this one more time,
Journey is the Reward.

Update: Photos courtesy Ashwin.

2 comments:

Ashwin said...

i must say ...its a wonderful post ...
dude... no-one can sum up everything so beautifully in such a small post as u have !
and dont worry about the broken cam....
i 'll be posting some pics from my cell phone soon :-D

Mohsin said...

thanks dude...
and the photos are superb..
everybody is busy appreciating them..
(and we'll recover the camera :-p, I want all the photos u see)