Thursday, May 15, 2008

What is the name of your dog?

Aamir's latest post 'Settlers Of Panchgani' has created much controversy. Aamir happens to have a dog named 'Shahrukh', which does all the doggy things (like licking feet and all) just like other dogs. But in a world where only SRK and one other thing sells, this is understandably infuriating to many. I read a few comments on that post (which are still pouring in) and the tone is uniformly of disappointment. I guess just like me, many others took Aamir for a balanced guy, a shattered illusion it now seems. Some comments curse Aamir (I can smell diehard SRK fans hahaha..), while a few others claimed this to be a publicity stunt for 'Ghajini', but I can't to see how this will help the film. If anything, 'Ghajini' will lose on SRK fans (and many Aamir fans too). So here is piece of advice, you can name your dog whatever you like (even after somebody seen as your rival), just don't put it on your blog. You never know which guy (or dog) might object.
On a different note, this is a colorful example of our species bias, whereas Darwin told us centuries ago that all species are just products of the same process of natural selection (not that I will be particularly happy to have dogs named after me, thanks to Dharamji, Kutte is still the de facto gaali).

2 comments:

Onkar said...

... And for someone monkey is a racist remark.

Mohsin said...

hehehehehe..
I know what you mean..
hehehehehe..