Thursday, May 24, 2012

Tales of a checkup

[This again from the blogger app. Bad formatting and typos to be expected].

Company recently announced a medical checkup. Obviously my reaction was, "who'd get up so early?". But somehow people convinced me to go. Some points

I woke up on time, slid the heater (I have an immersion heater) into the bucket on time, and came back 15 minutes later. Only then I realized I had forgotten to turn on the switch. So much for being on time.

There were a great many tests, many of which I underwent for the first time. All were carried in a fairly low tech way though. Extraordinary amount of blood (at least by some accounts) was drained from people.

For the ECG, in addition to the electrodes, they also clamped my legs. Now I have seen (in movies) legs being clamped for only one reason, shock treatment. After this thought, I was laughing like an idiot through the whole test.

Breakfast was served at the place. Overall it was good, but the sandwich bread could have served as the source of raw dental profiling data.

My teeth received a complement compliment from the dentist, which they found rather amusing. But let's not forget I was standing between the guy and his lunch at the time.

As I said, there were quite a few tests, but one thing not mentined in the test case document was tested too. Our patience. The thing started at 8 and ended at 1. Thankfully friends from office were there so it was not boring.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, we reached on time and hence we had to undergo "drink drink and drink water" else we might have skipped that :D

Mohsin said...

tum log ne water khatam kar diya to bakiyo test hi rah gaya :p