Monday, August 11, 2008

Clearing my bloggestive tract!! (Hold your nose!!)

(Disclaimer: The title is borrowed from Steve.)

Books

I had not even heard the name 'Orson Scott Card' before a friend handed me 'Ender's game'. To be honest, the book irritated me in the beginning. Ender was too mature for his age (or so I thought), plus I found the character development to be lacking. But slowly, I grew to like the book, and by the time I finished it, I had turned into an Ender fan. It's more of a fiction than a science fiction, but Card is a good storyteller. Currently I am busy reading the next installment of the Ender series, 'Speaker for the dead'. Will tell you about it when I am done.

Movies

Praise has already been heaped on 'The Dark Knight', but I don't feel it is enough. Direction, action, dialogs, acting, music.. the movie rocks!! Joker is awesome (and creepy). And the Batman Bike is supercool. I especially liked the dark tone of the movie. Good that they chose not to target the movie to kids. Will probably watch it once again...

Also watched 'Singh is Kinng' last Friday. To be honest again, our expectations were not very high. Despite it (or maybe because of it), we liked the movie. Akshay Kumar is cool, plus I liked the characters of Mika and Pankaj. Just don't forget to switch off your logic circuits. The story (if you could find one) might melt them..

India's first gold in Olympics 2008

Today is a big day. Congratulations Abhinav...
That reminds me of some of the statistics I recently read in Times. US 2000+ medals in Olympics, India 17...
Man is there room for improvement!! But the signs are good so far..

Rains

It's raining cats and dogs here in Pune. Which basically means I had to sit alone in my room almost over the whole weekend. And it does not help that rains are a powerful carrier of nostalgia. So missed college and all the good things it brought a bit more than usual. I just hope the roads stay in shape.


Ohk.. Bloggestive tract cleared.. I feel lighter again...



4 comments:

vinaya said...

Have you checked out the top 100 SFF lists that are floating around?

Mohsin said...

checked just now..
I might reconsider calling myself an SF fan [;-)]

Pappul said...

Well, you are reading good books, watching amazing movies and the country is also doing well in the sports field. Time to rejoice mate. Use the 4th part of your blog ... get wet in the rain ... Cheers ... !!

Mohsin said...

are han yar,I want to use that 4th part..
but with the rains absconding..
it seems I'll have to wait..