Monday, March 10, 2008

Notes from the weekend..

Friday 00:09 - Aahh, here comes the most beautiful day of the week, Friday. Just the tingling sensation of the coming weekend makes this day special.
Itni shiddat se maine tumhe paane ki koshish ki hai,
Ke har jarre ne mujhe tumse milane ki sajish ki hai.. (wah.. wah..)
Maybe I will someday write 'The joy of Friday', but now, time to go home. Did I tell you I am still in the office?

Saturday 05:03 - The weekend begins, 2 days of 'Do what you want to do' and not 'What needs to be done' and also have 'a lot of fun' (arre ye to poem ban gayi). Saturday also means no hurry, sleep as much as you want. But why am I awake at this ungodly hour? Of course because I am still in the office..

Not much about the rest of the saturday, you see I don't do much when I am sleeping..

Sunday 12:03 - Just woke up, Now need to watch a movie, but which? My options are 'Jodha Akbar' and 'Welcome'. I started watching 'Welcome', expecting it to be a good timepass, but to tell the truth, it squashed all my expectations. Bad jokes, bad storyline and bad direction. Ohk, I will watch 'Jodha-Akbar' then, hope it won't s$%^ this much, you see I really need to watch a movie.
Now I am not a big fan of historical movies, not the least because I can't understand the language very properly. Like 'Shahenshaho ko Shahenshah' ya 'Malika ye Hindostaa'. I don't understand how people managed to keep their jaws from falling off using these mouthful phrases (but sometimes it is good to listen, I'll admit). The movie seems good in fragments, but you probably can't watch it in one sitting. So long and so slow. Better if it had been made in two parts :-).
Did nothing much after the movie. Just ate and slept.
The weekend was not exactly what I had wished for, but that does not mean it was any less fun.(yes, pulling an all nighter is still fun :-D)

P.S.
One more thing, Jaggi returned on Saturday with a spanky new XBox 360, but we could not turn it on (our power supply did not like it much I guess, and in the process we managed to fry a fuse, :-)).

P.P.S.
I also fulfilled my long time desire to watch 'Sivaji - the Boss' this weekend, this movie is amazing. Rajnikanth does so many things in so little time. He beats the crap out of thousands of gunda log, after returning from US as a multimillionaire, becomes poor and turns the tables using just a single one rupee coin, changes his getup couple of hundred times and also eats a plateful of red chillies to show his love to the heroine. Usake samne sab hollywood superheroes (superman, spiderman and the rest of baccha party) look like 'paani kam chai'. hehehe..

6 comments:

Onkar said...

so, seems like you had a great time... :-D, anyways, when should I come to your place to try my hands on X-box? I have a deal, will give you a nice book called Out Of Their Minds and in return, buy few hours on X-box. Guess, Anneshwar doesn't have a problem with that.

Mohsin said...

@onkar
anneshwar won't have a problem. I will make sure of that :),but we were unable to 'on' it, there seems to be a problem with our power supply, and we are trying to find a way out, so wish us best luck..
(btw this is the same book we talked about the other day right?)

Paresh said...

XBOX wow!!!...feel so jealous of you...
Also pity you thou...kasla engr re tu...1 Xbox nahi start karu shaklaas...DHIKKAR hai aise engineers par... :p

Mohsin said...

abe tere ko to pata hai, ye engg. ka degree hamne ghoos de ke liya hai :-D)

Onkar said...

@paresh
mohsin is an engineer and that too IT engineer who knows nothing actually :-D

@mohsin
thank god you admit it, I have always wondered how could you get first class, now found the answer :-)

@paresh and @mohsin
wow! it feels and looks great when two engineers pull each others pants ;-)

Mohsin said...

@onkar
and it feels even better to see a third taking on two simultaneously :-)