Monday, March 31, 2008

Movies and books make a good weekend (or Han mujhe ye pasand hai)

Movies I watched this weekend -

K-PAX

You see Mark, what Einstein actually said was that nothing can accelerate to the speed of light because its mass would become infinite. Einstein said nothing about entities already traveling at the speed of light or faster. -prot

Prot claims to be from the planet 'K-PAX' and is sent quite unsurprisingly to the psychiatric institute. The movie revolves around his interactions with his doctor, Mark and the rest of the patients. Though the movie does not explicitly say whether prot is really an alien or not, I liked the movie. Some of the dialogs are quite insightful (and it had been ages since I watched an insightful movie).

Race

Ab aayega mazaa.. -RD

The plot is a bit convoluted, but execution is decent. People keep changing allies, so it is a bit hard to keep track of who is with whom. You will be better off using an E-R diagram. Saif gets a cool new look. But the female cast is a big disappointment (in terms of acting). Special effects are good, and I liked the song 'O Janejaa'. Overall, a paisa vasool movie.

Also made a trip to Crosswords. Here is what I bought -
The emotional brain by Joseph Ledoux
Bill and Dave by Michael Malone
Mathematical Mysteries by Calvin Clawson
Hasawanuk, Batatyachi Chal, Aghalpaghal and Marathi Sahityacha Gaaliv Itihas - all by P.L.Deshpande

But it has been a (bad) habit of mine to buy a bunch of books, read 1/2 and then buy the next bunch. I hope I'll get rid of it soon. Bye for now.



4 comments:

Ashwin said...

I would suggest... u should go inn for a stripped-down version of LMS (Library mgmt. system) to manage the huge repo. of books u have :-P
so, now >> you have 2 reasons to draw E-R Diagrams :-P .. hehhehe
;-)

Mohsin said...

being a true IT engg, I'll rather try to 'borrow' a full fledged LMS from the net (along with the E-R diagram:-))

Satish said...

The dialogue reminds me of the one from 'Kate and Leopold' -

Stuart - "It is no more crazy than a dog finding a rainbow. Dogs are colorblind, Gretchen. They don't see color. Just like we don't see time. We can feel it....."

Gretchen: "I believe you".


I am assuming you have seen the movie :) Will watch K-PAX when I find it..

- Satish

Mohsin said...

@satish
not yet man, will definitely try to watch it..