Sunday, February 4, 2018

What I am watching update

A quick note on some good stuff I watched recently. Apart from the obvious purpose of sharing this with friends, it is also hoped that  should an unpaid troll (paid ones are just doing their job) were to ever wander on this page, it will have found one more way to spend its time constructively (and spare the rest of us). Enjoy.

Two seasons of Crown
Netflix has been a net positive addition to the quality of my life, but quite a bit of it deals with dark and/or supernatural themes, and no matter how well made, that gets tiresome after a while. Crown was a welcome break, with great performances and deeply engaging characters. Monarchy is not a subject that I would have explored on my own, so I learned a thing or two too, that I otherwise would not have.

Darkest hour
While it is hard to totally like Churchill, there is no denying his qualities either, and the movie brings them forth with force and intensity. I did not recognize at all that it was Gary Oldman in the lead role.

YZ
खदखदून हसलो असा पिक्चर खुप दिवसांनी पाहिला. 'बत्तीस' चे डायलॉग तर अप्रतिम. यात भरपूर फंडे आहेत, आणि ते काही सगळे हसन्यावारी घालवन्यासारखे आहेत अस नाही.

No comments: