Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Ear >> 0.5

My left ear has shifted somehow into my right ear (hence the title). As a consequnce, my right ear is more sensitive than usual, left is half dead. I am not sure how it actually came about; I am sleeping like a rabbit (see here) for a couple of days, which is more than my average, and currently I am blaming it on the heavy headedness that comes with oversleeping. Here are some funny things happening
1) My right ear being sensitive than average, I get startled every time someone pulls a chair (and let me add I am the leftmost member of my row).
1) On a table, I can only hear one side. It impacts my objectivity (hee hee).
2) When someone comes to my desk, I have to rotate my chair, and ask that someone to repeat what he/she just said.
3) When I go to somebody's desk, I spend a lot of time rotating (if I haven't computed my precise standing angle in advance).
4) I pretend understanding something when I don't. But this particular thing has nothing new in it.
5) Edison was almost deaf in one ear. He said that helped him concentrate better. I am yet to experience that.
6) I learned what is the proper name of an ENT doctor. It's otolaryngologist.

Waiting for next funny thing now :)

P.S.
No, I don't remember getting a 'kaan ke neeche'.

Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate logical operators..and I hate bits and bytes..and their manipulations!
But, I loved your post :)
nice..not for the ear..but for they way you've put down your agony..

P.S. Just by finding out what an ENT is called, doesn't solve the problem automatically :P You have to visit one!

Mohsin said...

it's funny.. not agony (not yet at least).. seriously..
yes uska bi time aayega.. :p