Friday, January 15, 2010

In local news..


Well, that's not the moon. Believe it or not, it's the Sun. As you might guess, the photo was taken during today's Solar eclipse (A tip o' the Hat goes to MD). There was this phase in secondary school when I could think of nothing but Astronomy. FF to the present, and I was totally unprepared for today's eclipse (All I could think about was why nl_set_encr is saying invalid args), and might have missed it if not for Vijay and Sonal. First we used a folded black sheet (which apparently doesn't filter UV, we're able to see anyway). Later, courtesy Milind, we got a better look through eclipse glasses (I don't know what they are called otherwise). I think it is stuff like this that rekindles the fire within! It was a beautiful sight, and I am glad I did not miss it. And I hope you didn't too.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sahi hai!
milinds snaps are awesome..!

Mohsin said...

yep.. mast tha..