Monday, December 3, 2007

A weekend (well???) spent..

Last weekend slipped through my fingers like sand, had a lot of things to take care of, but managed to get some longtime pending work done (which is unusual for me on a weekend).

So here is what happened..
Fri 7:45 PM
I am just back from work and thinking of taking a nap. But I have a party to attend. I am not very excited at the prospect of getting out of the bed, but hey, its a chance to meet old friends.

Sat 10:15 AM
Ohh S*it, we have to move to a new place today and we haven't even yet packed our .., err stuff. Wake up everybody, miles to go before we sleep (again).

Sat 11:43 AM
It seems like eternity since I am packing these books. But on a positive side, I became pretty good at tying 4-5 books together in a bundle using a thin rope. Then I realize why Henry Ford was so successful with the concept of Assembly line. People really get good (but also bored) by doing the same thing again and again.

Sat 1:03 PM
Where is the tape? (In case you have forgotten, duct tape is a very important part of life. It holds everything from broken toilet windows to wires in your hand-assembled-positronic-time-machine together (maybe it also holds the universe together, who knows). To know about many other important things in life (like towel) read h2g2)

Sat 3:17 PM
Finally at the new place. A quiet, residential neighbourhood. And BIG rooms. But the kitchen tubelight does not work. Gotta talk to landlord.

Sat 6:42 PM
Since time immemorial I am postponing the purchase of a new hard disk. Today is the day to do it.

Sat 11:37 PM
Sabayon managed to f*** up the partition table, time to reinstall..

Sun 12:00 AM
Happy Birthday Anna.

Sun 2:23 AM
What has happened to linux distributions? My debian DVD won't work, and fedora is unable to start X-server after full installation.

Sun 01:12 PM
Unable to sleep, I am at Crosswords. Found 'The man who knew infinity', a biography of the great Indian mathematician, S.Ramanujan. I will be busy for a few days now, my friends.

Sun 03:40 PM
At home, I am very tired, need some sleep. The reinstallation did allow me very little sleep last night.

Sun 4:00 PM
Here comes the electrician and there goes my sleep. But no choice. Let the drilling begin..

Time Unknown
What is this trr, trr. And (to my horror) I realize its my alarm clock. It shows the day as Monday (but to appreciate the horror you must be an IT engineer). But I have very little choice now. Gotta get ready for work. Hope next weekend will arrive sooner.

Disclaimer:
The timings mentioned above are entirely made up and present only for the effect.

2 comments:

Onkar said...

So, where are u staying now? And you got the book man, what else you need?
By the way, whose birthday was that? Anna? you didn't tell me that you live with a girl named Anna. ;-)
One more thing, the timings that you wrote should have been more specific like, instead of Sun 03:40 PM it should be Sun 03:43273627362783890878 PM
;-)
what say?

Mohsin said...

@onkar -
my new address is near Seasons hotel, Vivekanand colony. Just come and shout "Mohsin!!" and you will find me.
It was jaggus b'day who is aka anna (a southy anna)
and yes as I had anyway made up the timings, I should have added more (made up) precision to them..